If you’re looking for a decorator in the Ferndown area, it’s really important to choose a contractor who will give you excellent customer service and carry out the work to a high standard. However, it can be difficult to know whether a Ferndown decorator is as good and reliable as they say they are. Here are some tips to help you work out whether a Ferndown decorator is likely to be trustworthy, reliable and skilled:
- check the previous work of any Ferndown decorator you’re thinking of hiring. Their website might contain a portfolio of pictures, they may be able to show you photos of recently finished work, or you may even be able to arrange to go and see the results of their work first-hand.
- ask the people you know if they’ve any experience of your preferred Ferndown decorators, and if so, whether they’d recommend them
- research your preferred Ferndown decorators on review websites like checkatrade.com to see what other customers have to say about them
- were your calls returned promptly and did they treat you in a courteous and friendly manner when you contacted a Ferndown decorator? This will tell you a lot about the customer service you can expect to get as a paying client. Give them a wide berth if you’re not impressed by their customer service
- always get a written quotation for the work, to help avoid disputes over the costs and timescales for your Ferndown house redecoration.